What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files in alphanumeric format saved on the User’s computer (or on other devices enabled to browse the internet, for example smartphones or tablets) when visiting the Site.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track Users while browsing the various pages of the Site and to identify returning Users. Cookies facilitate User navigation and provide secure connections.
Cookies can be session and permanent and their distinction can be made based on their persistence on the User’s terminal.
Session cookies are those cookies that are automatically deleted at the end of each navigation (because, for example, they can remember the goods and services entered by the user in the virtual shopping cart). If, on the contrary, they have a longer life, they can be qualified as permanent cookies (because, for example, they can remember the personal preferences set by the User).
Cookies used by the Site
The Site does not use session cookies or permanent cookies.
Purpose of Cookies
Cookies do not contain any information that can personally identify the User (such as name, surname, email addresses, telephone numbers).
The information related to the User’s navigation on the Site collected by means of Cookies can be used for the following purposes:
• allow the registered User to access reserved pages. If the User opts to disable Cookies, she will not be able to access all the contents of the reserved pages;
• enable the use of the virtual cart;
• analyze the use and performance of the Site, including e-mail messages, in order to provide a high quality experience to the User, identify and quickly resolve any problems that arise. For example, Cookies can identify which are the most popular pages of the Site;
• allow the User to remember your preferences. For example, they can save you the trouble of typing your username and password every time you access the Site;
• remember the User’s interests while browsing the Site, in order to recommend relevant content and offer the most relevant and engaging advertisements for the User;
• allow the overall management of the Site.
Third party cookies
Third-party cookies may be sent while using the Site. Methanol SpA is not responsible for cookies sent by third parties. The list of third-party cookies is published below.
How to block or delete cookies
Please note that blocking or deleting cookies has a negative impact on the performance and usability of some sites, limiting its functions.
Most browsers allow the user to accept, block and delete cookies. For example:
• Internet Explorer in the Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Sites section
• Mozilla Firefox in the Tools> Options> Privacy section
• Safari in the Edit> Preferences> Privacy section
• Google Chrome in the section Settings> Show advanced settings …> Privacy> Content settings …
• Operate in the Preferences> Advanced> Cookies section
More information on cookies and their management is available at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
If the User wishes to learn more about the deactivation of behavioral advertising, we recommend that you visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative association at: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.